Monday, September 22, 2008

Swan song for my summer sweet . . .

Just like summer songs that get lots of repeated airplay before its abrupt stop with the approach of autumn, there was one particular dish that I had the pleasure of eating multiple times before impending seasonal switch out in the coming weeks . . .
LA Mill's
passionfruit gelee with shiso-lychee sorbet, white chocolate-soy-coconut milk broth and basil seeds. So refreshing and unique, from bright tartness of the soft, custardy jelly to the delicate, slightly-herby aromas of the sorbet. Coupled with the light, delectable soup and the translucent tapioca-like seeds, it was a spoonful of ecstasy in my mouth that I tried to keep on my tongue as long as possible -- extracting every last possible flavor before hesitantly swallowing. So delicious . . . I couldn't even help take a few bites before realizing that I needed to take a photo! Oops.

But, like all good things, this must come to an end, so I bid you a fond farewell; your memories will be cherished (just like the pear gelee dessert I had earlier this year). But I also look forward to what Adrian Vasquez has in plan for fall (seriously hoping for a revival of the dessert tasting menu.)

Goes without saying, if you haven't tasted it already -- I highly recommend it, and try it soon before it rotates out! Of course, check out their coffees too; of the brews, I like the El Salvador Cup of Excellence or the Black Onyx Blend best.

LA Mill
1636 Silver Lake Blvd
Los Angeles
323.663.4441

2 comments:

Chubbypanda said...

I'm gonna miss the figs and peaches. =/ Ah well. It's squash time, baby!

H. C. said...

Produce wise, I'm more excited about apples and pears and all the wonderful pies/crumbles/crisps I can make! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...