Monday, September 08, 2008

Mini Foodventure #68: Kiss My Bundt (Mid-City Los Angeles)

It's not you, it's me . . . wait, it is you!

You're too sweet. Really. No matter how many times we had a falling out, or how long it has been since we last saw each other.

But you're always there, just for me and no one else. In a neat little paper package, too. However, both of us know there's a problem in this relationship -- there's just no denying it.


Frankly, I just can't stand you going bipolar almost all the time; smothering me with sugar one moment, and falling apart with the slightest touch the next.


So, dear cupcake, I think I may have to call it quits for good*. The only thing you had going for yourself is your hand-held portability, but now I've found another...
Individual-sized bundt cakes from Kiss My Bundt!

Dense enough to hold its own shape, richly flavorful without being too sweet, and just enough frosting to accent the cake's taste. It took all my will not to run out the store with this entire case. But I took small glee in being able to sample many of the flavors during the grand opening event.
The red velvet with cream cheese and chocolate with callebaut ganache glaze stole my heart!

Chrysta Wilson (Kiss My Bundt's chef-owner, seen here mashing bananas surely for another delicious creation), keep up the good work and keep an eye out for my many return trips. The only problem I have now is: which flavors to choose?

Kiss My Bundt
8104 W. 3rd Street

Los Angeles, CA 90048

(323) 655-0559

http://www.kissmybundt.net/

*Ok, so it's not an ultimate ultimatum and I may still indulge in you occasionally, but 90% of cupcakes I've tasted are too crumbly and sugary (let's not even go there with the sugar-free ones)! Thus, I'm so glad there's another portable, no-utensils-required option for a slightly-sweet fix.
Kiss My Bundt Bakery on Urbanspoon

1 comments:

gourmetpigs said...

Ohhh yum! I agree that cupcakes can be a hassle to eat. I need to try this bundt cake, and soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...