Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday Quickies #63: Frisco and Fave Weekend Listings

Flights of Bubbles
Bon voyage cheers! Bubbly flights from POP Champagne & Dessert Bar

By the time this gets published I'm already en route to San Francisco (but will have 'net access when I'm up there, so keep those recommendations coming!) So not much of a event-previewing Friday Quickie today given how busy I'm packing and prepping my itinerary, so instead I'll point you to some of my favorite weekend guides / event calendars that my cool cat pals compile!

Caroline on Crack - not just food/drinks, but also good intel on clothing/accessory sales and noteworthy performances too!


Eat:LA - covering foodie events all over LA, nice place to check no matter which 'hood you're at.

FoodGPS's Beer Blast
- not weekend specific, but this is a must-subscribe for any LA/OC beer enthusiast. Every week you'll get the lowdown on what the local top-notch beer joints are rotating in and out of their taps and stocks.


DigLounge - good highlights of upcoming festivals and tasting events, as well as music shows.


TastingTable LA - much more food- and drink-centric than the weekend calendars of the other daily e-newsletters; a great source to find out about new openings, tasty events, as well as debuting deals & steals.

Last but not least Social Domain LA - OK, again, not weekend specific but the Craigslist-like simplicity of its layout makes it very easy for me to spot and look into upcoming events.


With that, hope you'll find some fun new to-dos. I know my weekend in Frisco will be eventful for sure! And got any of your own favorite weekend guides to share? Feel free to leave a comment and let me know!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...