Friday, November 02, 2007

Friday Quickies #5: Doughboys, Kettle Chips & Easy Foodblogging

Doughboys: Ok, the Third Street location may have a slight health dept. mishap; and their service may not always be consistently good (even for a casual place) -- but my experiences there are almost always positive. During my last dine-in last Sunday at the Hollywood location, my companion and I shared the morning pizza (with globs of melted cheese, caramelized onions, pancetta and fried eggs) that's plain gooey good. I also had their basil chicken salad that was an explosion of flavors with its major chunks of meat, avocado, orange wedges, walnuts and blue cheese tossed with mixed greens in a light citrus vinaigrette. Finishing it off, their famous red velvet cake -- moist, vanilla-y and with lots of cream cheese frosting to boot! Simply heavenly. But maybe I was just lucky with kitchen & front staff, so hoping they get their act together and keep up the good work.

It's Kettle Chips People Choice Time Again: I was excited last year with their worldly flavors, and I'm equally eager about the theme and contenders this year: fire & spice with five hot flavors. I've already placed my order for my sampler back & can't wait to try; for now, I'm hedging my bets for Mango Chili & Orange Ginger Wasabi 'cause I have a thing for the sweet-spicy combo.

Foodblogging's a cinch, but what the . . .: At least three other blogs had their rip on this L.A. times non-story already, but I'll throw in my two cents anyways: OMGWTFBBQ?! How is this a food story? Is the business section going to have a story about the ease of starting a personal finance blog? What about the sports page and simplicity of starting a blog meta-reporting on plays and scoreboards? Simply put, take out all food references, and it *may* be a half-decent DiY article for the tech-unsavvy; or alternatively, with a few edits, a tech manual for how to use WordPress (has it occurred for Regina to check out Typepad, Blogger, Livejournal, etc . . . perhaps a more food section worthy piece would be if she did a comparison of pros/cons of these publishing sites specifically for food blogs.) And finally, geez, to name it FoodFake?!


Chubbypanda said...

Yeah. That article pissed me off too.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...