Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Foodie Events Alert

Just realized two epicurean events (both of which I've attended in the past) are coming up, so giving y'all heads up:

Slow Food LA just brought to my attention that the Zenshuji Soto Temple in Little Tokyo will be doing its annual Japanese Tea Ceremony this Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. A light vegetarian lunch is included and it's a great experience to observe a longtime ritual while sipping on delicious matcha. $40/person and reservations are requried. Click here for more details, including RSVP information, or here to read my write-up of last year's experiences.

The East L.A. Tamale Festival is coming back for third time on Nov. 9-11! If you're as crazy about these masa goodies as I am, bring an empty stomach (as I did last year). Folks at L.A. Foodblogging are also planning a foodie meetup on Saturday, so leave a comment if you want to see how we note-jotting, camera-touting bloggers really look like in person. ;)

2 comments:

glutster said...

I've been really getting into Buddhism and would love to go to this.

these sort of events usually have donation based admissions don't they? Why is it so expensive?

are you going?

H. C. said...

I believe a significant portion of the proceeds benefit the Temple directly, thus the cost.

Alas, I'm in the middle of moving right now so really can't commit to a hours-long event on weekends. If you go, let me know how it went :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...