Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday Quickies #15: Mac 'n Cheese Contest and Vegetarian Life Update

Vote for my Mac 'n Cheese: Chow.com is running a Macaroni and Cheese recipe contest, so I put up my Adolescent, Half-Baked Mac 'n Cheese recipe up there. While I'm wary of a contest where one of the top contender is a monstrosity involving packaged mac 'n cheese and hot pockets, I'll keep my fingers crossed that mine will get featured. Who knows, maybe the Food Network may spot it and offer me a show! Or not.

My Vegetarian Life: So far, so good on staying meatless -- dairy products and meat substitutes do a decent job of replacing dead animals (expect a review of vegetarian meats soon). No amazing recipes yet (my workweek meal routine consisting primarily of the three Ss - sandwiches, soups and salads) but dining out is less constraining than I thought it would be, though that could be me avoiding particularly meaty places (Korean BBQs, steakhouses). Particularly worth mentioning is a Doughboys lunch I had last Sunday, where I got a wonderful Caprese sandwich: creamy buffalo mozzarella slices with spinach and juicy tomatoes with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and pesto in a crispy and tender baguette, with a tangy cole slaw on the side! Heavenly . . .

1 comments:

Oishii Eats said...

Voted!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...